About Genesis

My name is Genesis Reynoso, and I am from the small town of Newton, North Carolina, or 45 minutes from Charlotte. I am a junior, who transferred from Regent University in Virginia Beach, Virginia. I didn't want to move from the beach, but I didn't think it was a good idea to attend a University that doesn't have your major. I am a sports communication major, which yes, is a surprise. I think I only know two other girls with the same major.

I want to focus on sports broadcasting, reporting highlights and updates. My main focus is the MLB Network or ESPN. I want to work my way up to sports analytics, but we have to crawl before we learn to walk.

Over the summer, I moved to West Palm Beach, Florida, to be a part of an internship with ESPN West Palm. The experience was incredible. Since I am bilingual, I was a part of ESPN Deportes, and made a few appearances on the radio. I wrote a lot of spots for the employees, and also shadowed their local news. The interns were also required to help with events that we would have with our partners, and those were really fun.

After I graduate, I want to try to find a job in sports and then see where it goes from there.

Comments